Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tunesday: Of Monsters and Men and the Lumineers

Hello lovely readers, I know I know I'm late again. I could rattle off a few excuses but they are fairly generic and boring and I'm sure you've heard them all before, so instead I'm going to cut straight to the making up part and give you two songs for you to listen to today! Huzzah!

So the highlight of my day today, apart from being able to sleep in and stay in bed writing and watching the Guild, was finding the We Are Hunted App on Spotify! Way to make my new music finding tools even more streamlined guys!

Not only did I get to listen to the new Cat Power, Tallest Man on Earth, and Alpine singles, I found two new bands that I would like to share with you.

First up is Of Monsters and Men; these guys aren't strictly a new discovery for me because my friend Jessa had told me about them a little while ago. However, this is the first song of theirs that has really grabbed me, and after half a dozen sequential listens, I adore it! I love how these use the male and female vocal as opposing characters in the story of the song, and you know how much I love boy/girl vocal bands, so it's instantly elevated to another dimension of amazing. I can't wait to listen to this album, if it's anything like Little Talks, it's going straight on my travelling to work playlist.


And the clip is just whimsically stunning. 

The second band I chose was one that I had never heard before, but was drawn to almost instantly. 'Ho, Hey' by the Lumineers is such a sweet song, and the message is simple enough to make me all gooey inside like a Caramello Koala. Beautiful stuff.



There is so much amazing music out! I wish I could hear all of it and see all of it and experience all of it, but I think my brain might explode with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...