Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Word Wednesday: Belletrist Coterie and Rose Red Review

Happy Word Wednesday! I am aware that I missed it last week, and for that I am very sorry. I've been almost overwhelmed with keeping up to date with my blog about giving up palm oil for the month. I'm loving it though, and the response so far has been wonderfully positive!

I'm going to use this Word Wednesday as a shameless plug platform, but don't head for the exit button just yet! You might like it, if you're at all a fan of my writing, or even if you're just as excited about new writing as much as I am.

First of all, I've been so excited to share with you my story, Flower Girl, since it was accepted by the lovely people at Belletrist Coterie many many months ago. Well, the inagural issue has finally been released, and it was certainly worth the wait!

I recieved this package just a couple of days ago, and let me tell you, there's nothing quite like seeing your name in print, on real pages you can hold in your hands, surrounded by dozens of talented writers and poets and artisits. It's a fabulous magazine devoted to the art of storytelling through words and pictures, and I would love for you to get yourself a copy, if not for my story,  then to support Belletrist Coterie and the revival of tride and true storytelling.


Second of all, I would like to direct your attention to my friend Larissa Nash and her newest project, the Rose Red Review. I met Larissa through my Francesca Lia Block writing class; she's a lovely lady and a wonderful writer, and I think she's put together a fantastic first issue, which just happens to include one of my stories, Queen Bees. I'm so glad she liked it enough to included in her collection, the calibre of writing in this is so good, and I really wanted this story to find a good home, because I feel that it's definitely one of my better ones. Anyway, this an online literary review, so if you would like to nourish your imagination with some wonderful prose, poetry or visual art, click here!

Ok, that's enough gushing and plugging for one week (that sounds gross. Sorry). I'm going to leave you with a quote from Muriel Rukeyer, which was sent to me on a postcard along with my first issue of Belletrist Coterie.

The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms 


That's much nicer, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...