Sunday, July 15, 2012

Music Monday: Taken By Trees

Welcome to Music Monday! Look at me, being on time and everything! Hooray!
Today I'm featuring a song by the beautifully ethereal Taken by Trees. Even if you have never heard of this act (I hadn't until a week ago), you might recognise the voice; it belongs to Victoria Bergsman, who sang the girl part in the Peter Bjorn and John song, Young Folks.

I decided to post two videos, one of her original songs called Only Yesterday, and this beautiful cover of the Animal Collective song, My Girls, which she re titled 'My Boys'. I have become completely enamoured with this song, I love everything about it; her voice, the syncopated guitar and weird, electronic beats, and the gorgeously lit tightwalking video clip.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...