Monday, April 30, 2012

Music Monday - Missy Higgins

It's Music Monday time again! Monday's are always easier to get through when there's music involved.
This week I've chosen the new track from Missy Higgins. The tour for her first album, the Sound of White, was the very first concert I ever went to, and where my love of live music first began, so she will always mean something to me. I am very happy that she has released some new stuff after five years on hiatus (she explains the reasons for this very eloquently in her interview with Adam Hills on Gordon St if you want to check it out on iView. That episode also features CAT STEVENS!!!!)

Anyway, I hope you like the song, because I sure do. I really like the spooky opening and the clip has some Kate Bush worthy interpretive dance, confetti and A LOT of hands. Apparently it was made by the same people who did the Gotye clip for "Somebody that I Used to Know" (you know, the one with all the paint and triangles and nakedness), and that kind of comes through at the end with more nakedness and some pretty origami. Love it!
Enjoy! 



Also, as a side note, I've stuck my flag into this little piece of the internet and 'claimed' this blog on bloglovin', so if you're a user of said blogging tool, feel free to have a look and to follow me :) Thanking you in advance lovely people!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...