Monday, April 16, 2012

Music Monday - First Aid Kit

Happy Music Monday! Did you guys follow Coachella over the weekend? I didn't get to see much, but I did stream the whole of Bon Iver's set, which looked and sounded incredible, and caught the end of Florence and the Machine on my way home from work today! Hopefully they will release other sets on youtube so I can catch up on all the amazing artists that played. Man I would have killed to be there. One day....

Anyway, back to the task at hand. Today I want to share with you a song that made me stand up and take notice, metaphorically speaking. I am a huge First Aid Kit fan, and finally managed to get my hands on  their second album, 'The Lion's Roar'. It's a gorgeous record, and yet their voices blend so perfectly and create such a dreamy atmopshere that I find myself bein carried off to another place. This is what happened during the first spin of this particular record, until about halfway through the final song 'King of the World' . There I was being lulled by the warm vocals and soft melodies, and who drops into the final verse but CONOR OBERST! Those of you who have visited this blog before know how much of a Bright Eyes fan I am, so the mere sound of his quivering voice was enough to jolt me out of my folky stupor with a wonderful electric charge. Do you ever get so excited about a song  that you feel like you need to scream about it from the rooftops? That's how I felt when I heard this. I guess Twitter is good for that now!
Another few listens brought the lyrics (and the horns) to my attention, and I realised that even if they got rid of Conor's vocals it would still be SUCH a good song. But I'm super glad he's there.

Anyway, I'll let you make up your own mind. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...