Monday, May 14, 2012

Music Monday - Wintersleep

Music Monday! This week is a song that I found whilst listening to the Emerging Tracks playlist on
We Are Hunted. I often put this playlist on in the background when I'm catching up on blogs, checking emails and the general procrastination that comes with the internet. So I often find that my brain begins to zone out, and the music becomes nothing more than a background humm in the presence of my more urgent thoughts.

However, the opening of "Resuscitate" by Wintersleep was enough to make me sit up and take notice. I love the orchestrated chaos of this song, the feeling of hurtling forward, but also the rich depth of the lead's voice, and the way the ominous lyrics are coupled with such an upbeat rhythm. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for albums and EPs at JB.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...