Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Met My Lover At The Bus Stop

So I was listening to an 8 tracks mix by Hannah of Hannah and Landon and I came across this song by the Hollies, which as soon as I heard it filled me with waves of nostalgia and faint images of family road trips to New South Wales and Queensland to see my cousins, and a mixed CD that my dad had made of all of his favourite songs from the fifties and sixties. At the time I don't think I really appreciated what an awesome collection of songs they were, being in a Hanson and Spice Girls haze that left little room for anything else, but I always liked this one. I like the idea of someone meeting their wife at a bus stop, it reminds me how much of our lives can be influenced by fate, and that we shouldn't take little moments like that for granted. I wish I could find that CD. I would have liked to be alive when simple things like bus stops and umbrellas were instigators of romance rather than facebook and twitter, even just for a day or two.

I am now listening to Hannah's Halloween Mixtape entitled halloween part 1 (vampires). There are so many cool retro songs about vampires that were released way before the birth of Stephanie Meyer and well, we all know what happened to them after that. *Sigh* Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...