Sunday, September 30, 2012

Creature Feature: No Vacancy

 Belinda Suzette


You may know from reading previous posts that I am a frequent visitor of the No Vacancy Gallery. Here are some of my favourite pieces from the Creature Feature exhibition that I went to back in early September It was truely something to behold.

 Belinda Suzette

I forgot to write down the name of this artist, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet! If you know, please tell me so I can credit their incredible work!

This is not my photo (as if you can't tell), I poached this from Pixie Kitten's website. You should definitely check out her tumblr, it is equal parts whimsy and macarbe, just like her work, which I have a feeling will be making it's way into my house in some form or another, once Lovely and I return from Europe!

And of course, the always superb Emma Leonard and her disarmingly beautiful Rusalka! I bought a copy of this print from her Etsy store, and I can't wait to frame it and hang in a dark and creepy hallway (opposite a mirror perhaps?). A Rusalka is a Slavic mythological being, akin to a sucubus or mermaid like demon that haunts the waterways of eastern Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...