Monday, September 3, 2012

Music Monday: Turtle Giants

So I haven't been listening to as much music as I normally would do, because I've recently signed up to Audible (which is an awesome service by the way), and downloaded A Game of Thrones. I'm listening to the book alongside watching the critically acclaimed tv show, and I have to say that I am unashamedly hooked. Not only is it beautifully written, the plot is so intricate, without being too overwhelming or confusing; it has so many layers and so much intrigue and betrayal and  it's just so devestatingly good!

Still, I have managed to listen to some of the many albums that have just been released, including Bloc Party's new album Four (the Bloc Party I know and love is back, and I couldn't be happier), Yeasayer (a little directionless, but still enjoyable), and Two Door Cinema Club (similar enough for me to know it came from them, but different enough keep things interesting! Love it!)

The song I have chosen for this week, however, has nothing to do with any of these. This past Saturday marked the first day of Spring in our southern hemisphere, and surprisingly enough for Melbourne the weather has been beautiful! You can almost feel the long fingers of summer reaching through from December, grabbing at our sockless ankles. So I decided to choose something with a bit of that jangly summer vibe, but a bit different to all the Real Estate/Best Coast/Wavves type bands that are out there.

At first the vocals on this song don't sound like they belong with the music, but stick with it; I found myself really getting into it towards the end, to the point where the strange vocal was what made me want to go back and listen to it again. And the film clip is just delightful; I love the premise, and the way it's been shot using film. Dreamy dreamy film. Oh, and if you would like a little sneak peek into the way I like to dance, check out the girl in the knee-highs rocking out in her living room <3 br="br">



Enjoy! I'm off to see Moonrise Kingdom with my lovely now.  Life is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...