Thursday, September 20, 2012

Painted Faces, Painted Places: Leslie David

So as you already know, I'm a sucker for mixed media art. I love it! And despite coming off as almost seamlessly effortless, trying to merge two different forms of art isn't as easy as you think (trust me, I've had a go at this kind of thing and it was less than brilliant. Or good even). And so, like most things that I am shit at, besides sports, I respect the skill of the artists who can do it well.

That's one of the reasons I love these works by Leslie David; it is very easy to look at these and think "I could do that easy!"; I did, for a split second, before my good natured yet often self depricating reality check stepped in like it always does, giving me a look that said, "Really?" 

Leslie probably possesses many skills that I do not, but the ones showcased in these works include the perfect balance between blending and seperating colour, and knowing when enough is enough. My personal favourite is Number Three, I adore all those greens and purples and pinks.





 I think I'll just stick to my scissors and my Washi tape for now.

via Honestly...WTF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...