Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Word Wednesday: Ray Bradbury

Word Wednesday! This week I would like to pay tribute to the incredible Ray Bradbury, who is sadly no longer with us. His book, Zen in the Art of Writing, was recommended to me by wonderful teacher, Francesca Lia Block, and many friends in my writing circle. I finished it a few days before he died, and I was completely enamoured with his spirit for writing, and the way he loved it with reckless abandon. He said, on a number of ocassions, that writing is one of the most wonderful professions one could undertake, something of which I am guilty of forgetting from time to time, when stories aren't coming together, or when I've spent hours on building concepts only to abandon them. He reminds me that we, as writers, should never stop loving to write.

If you've ever read anything by Ray Bradbury, you will know that his love of writing is both inspiring and infectious, and his imagination knows no bounds. I know that any tribute I try to come up will not be worthy of his incredible life and works, but I can share with you a piece that is, this beautiful story written and read by one of my all time favourite writers, Neil Gaiman.


Click here for the link to 'The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury" by Neil Gaiman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...