Monday, March 26, 2012

Music Monday: Kate Miller Heidke

Welcome to antoher Music Monday, where I will fill your ears with words and their accompanying melodies that tickle me so.

Tonight's Music Monday is a little more sinister than last week. I have been a fan of Kate Miller-Heidke and her music since I first started listening to triple j all those years ago. Her darling voice and the beautifully written, intimate lyrics of 'Space They Cannot Touch', got me from the start, and I downloaded it free (legally mind you) of the triple j website. To this day it is still one of my favourite love ballads, and I'm not tradtionally a love ballad-y person.
She is also hilarious, and super nice! In 2007 went to her first tour for the album 'Little Eve' and she signed a poster for me! It is still attached to my wardrobe door, alongside my signed Sarah Blasko poster, and my unsigned (sigh) Tori Amos poster. It's my female singer songwriter wardrobe, guarding my clothes with their razor sharp wit and talent.

Anyway, I should get to the song at hand, which really couldn't be more different from said love ballad. All I can say is that 'Sarah' is both beautiful and terrifying and I think that's why I love it so much; I listen to it and think of the festivals I've been to and how easily this could have happened to me, or a friend of mine, and it gives me literal shivers.

On that note, enjoy! 



If the cover art for 'Nightflight' and this song is anything to go by, I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this.  If you like what you hear, you can visit her website here for more free legal downloads of some of her new tunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...