Thursday, March 3, 2011

Seabellies

So last night, Lovely, his brother and I went to the Northcote Social Club to see the Seabellies! I had only heard their full album once so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but they turned out to be freakin awesome.The stand out was of course Trans Ending, but not just because it is their first single and so when they started playing it, people in the crowd in front of us started dancing all crazy like. I was more impressed by the fact that when it came time for the horn breakdown at the end of the song (you'll understand what I'm talking about if you watch the clip below) the lead singer decided "oh, ill just go over here and switch places with the drummer WHILE HE'S STILL PLAYING" and the now ex drummer just casually picks up a trumpet, and then the girl (I wish I knew her name) who has played about one hundred different instruments already comes out with a saxaphone and they just start rocking out. It was, at the risk of repeating myself, freakin awesome!
But don't take my word for it! Have a listen!



Also, I think I might move to Northcote. As we were walking back to Glynn's car at about 11.30pm, we passed a second hand book shop that was still open. *Sigh* You would never find that in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...