Monday, March 7, 2011

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's day everybody :) I didn't know that it was until about 20 mins ago, but I think it's a nice thing to celebrate all the cool things that make up a woman, besides the vagina (although that is generally an important part as well), and all the things they have accomplished despite being considered the inferior sex for a very long time. So in the spirit of the day here is some of my favourite and most influential female musicians that I feel embody the spirit of true womanhood, whatever you feel that may be.

PJ Harvey
Her new album is unbelievable, undoubtedly one of my favourites to come out of her extensive musical brilliance.


Joni Mitchell
She looks so beautiful in black and white


Kate Bush
She turned my favourite book into an iconic song that actually works; how can I not love her?


and of course, my first true musical love, my muse, my all time favourite

Tori Amos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...