Monday, May 17, 2010

Vampire Weekend and Tegan and Sara

So it turns out I'm a bit of a live music addict. Which is not great for my bank account. But it's good for the soul :)



Vampire Weekend: 4th of May, 2010 Festival Hall (formerly the Palace ggrrr)
Love Love Loved it, the lead singer sang flawlessly, but with a bit more power and edge than comes across when listening to the record, especially during Blake's <3 (and he's actually very attractive! Suprise win!). Lighting was mad, chandeliers were gorgeous, and the eyes of the Contra girl lighting up like something out of Village of the Damned was creepy but way cool. Spaz dancing carried out by Ruby and Myself, even tho the other moshers were somewhat less enthused (except the adorable dweeb in the yellow tshirt behind us. Love)



Tegan and Sara: 11th of May, 2010, The Forum (<3 My favourite venue in melbourne)
This was my first ever solo gig, and although it was a little lonely in between the acts, I actually really enjoyed being by myself, as i could just immerse myself in the music and dance however I wanted to :). They were both adorable, although i think Sara is my favourite <3 she has quite an obsession with Elisabeth Shue, which I understand (she's quite the 80's babe) which came out in alot of the banter, and the setlist was mad, they played all my favs (Walking with a ghost, the con, back in your head, hell, northshore, the cure, where does the good go, and the list goes on.) I think the rowdiness of the drunk Australian crowd freaked them out a bit, but I found their awkwardness utterly charming, seeing as I too suffer from this. Love Love Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...