Thursday, November 26, 2009

Beats for Baking

My Top 6 Songs to Bake Cupcakes To:
1. Supergirl - Kate Miller Heidke

The song that empowers women while baking is the song that makes her say "No, these are not for my man, these are all for myself!"

2. Your Honour - Regina Spektor

An angry girl song that may cause cupcake batter to be flung around the room

3. Horchata - Vampire Weekend This song makes me happy. Baking makes me happy. Put them together and what have you got?
Well, you've got a lot of upbeat sugary bliss. It's as simple as that.

4. Chaka Demus - Jamie T

My attempt at white girl rap. Highly entertaining for my neighbours when I'm dancing around my kitchen being a british gangster with my wooden spoon and mixing bowl.

5. Father Lucifer - Tori Amos

I couldnt not put a Tori Song. This song makes me feel all light and fluffy and floaty, but with the signature Tori edge.

6. Brunettes Against Bubblegum Youth - The Brunettes


These guys are so kitchy and sweet and nerdilicious, if you could bite into their music, it would taste like strawberry and chocolate cupcakes.

Runners Up Include:

Coin Laundry - Lisa Mitchell
Neopolitan Dreams - Lisa Mitchell
Hold On My Heart - Sarah Blasko
Soldier- Yves Klein Blue

-S.O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...