Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Green Roses

I got really lucky at the RSPCA op shop today. An exercise in killing time and trying to abate my shopping urges whilst sticking to my pledge, turned out to be a great success, for I managed to pick up not one...





...but two lovely nanna knits!



AND some cowboy boots :) I've been looking for some nice, small, inexpensive ones for a while now, but I couldn't seem to find any under $100. I picked these babies up for $6.



There's nothing quite as satisfying as that perfect, almost serendipitous op shop find. Now I can have awesome shoes AND eat for the week. Hooray!

On another irellavent but equally important topic, I started making my own tea bags the other day, thanks to this snazzy tutorial from Elsie at A Beautiful Mess.



I have so many boxes of loose leaf tea floating around, but I often find it sort of wasteful and annoying making a whole pot of tea just for little old me, so this was right up my alley.




I used Green Rose Tea from Tea 2, Harris brand coffee filter papers, wool and just regular coloured paper for the tags. I don't have access to a sewing machine (dangit) so I sewed mine by hand, which takes a lot longer. But it gave my opportunity to catch up on more episodes of Chuck. They go hand in hand with all my craft projects these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...