Sunday, June 19, 2011

Suicide Blondes

My copy of the Virgin Suicides came today!!! I'm so excited to read it, but I have to finish A Long Way Down first. I only just realized now that I have unconsciously been choosing to read suicide themed literature, and yet I'm still at a point where I'm realizing how ridiculously absurd life is, and thus, thankfully, I still belong in it.

This is what my copy looks like :) i love you fishpond.com.au





I remember watching this movie with one of my best friends and his sister on SBS. I had never heard of it before, but he said he had heard it was rather good, and given that we shared a similar taste in pretty much everything, we decided to watch it. I can remember that once the movie had finished (and, well, as the title obviously suggests how the movie ends, I don't think I'm going to be spoiling it for anyone), none of us said anything for about two minutes; we were completely mesmerized. And although it has been about five or six years since then, those final frames of each girl's beautifully harrowing suicide has remained ingrained in my memory. That is what movies are supposed to do; good movies don't let you forget about them, even if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...