Monday, October 11, 2010

Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers

But in this case, there were no losers, just awesome people and prettiness.
This weekend Ruby, Lovely and I went to the first ever Finders Keepers market in Melbourne. IT WAS SO LOVELY!!!! seriously, I had a real hard time controlling myself, my senses were overloaded with amazing arts and crafts and pretty things. They did such a great job organising, there were couches and GOOD live music and so many cool designers and artists who were also such lovely lovely and clever people! Ruby and I accidentily wore matching dresses, yet we recieved many compliments on our unintentional twindom :) and we did spend up a little bit but hey, it only comes round once a year. And I know that pretty things wont pay the bills but it makes life that little bit nicer to look at sometimes.
We bought an excessive amount of badges, and some gorgeous prints by an artist whose name is Emma Leonard.





If I ever write a book, I want her to illustrate it. Or at least do the cover <3
Check out her blog:
http://www.bonesbraidsandatricycle.blogspot.com
and if you like what you see, you can buy from her etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/belafontesbunsa?ref=seller_info

I also bought some amazingly cool badges from an illustrator called Amy Blue, which are illustations of famous bands :) I really wanted a Smiths print she illustated, but i was getting poor so I bought a four pack of badges which had the White Stripes, Arcade Fire, Dappled Cities and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (the main reason I wanted to buy them, although I do love the other three bands).


You can check out her stuff here at:
www.amyeatingapples.bigcartel.com

I've noticed I did use the word 'lovely' alot, but it really is the best way to describe it. The rest of the day was great too, we went and had lunch and cider at Workshop, then Ruby had to go home so Lovely and I adventured around the city. Lucky for us, the Melbourne Music Festival was on, and we had a chance run in with the Bedroom Philosipher by the stop for the 86 tram (he was wearing a t shirt that read "we are tramily :D) which has a lot of significance if you're familiar with "Songs from the 86 Tram" :P He is so very funny, and knows how to take the piss out of himself and society blatently yet gracefully, which I love. We also saw Pez. Which was much less inspiring -_- yet still very amusing, but for different reasons. We had dumplings (yum), and finished the night at thousand pound bend for the screening of "Exit Through the Gift Shop", an hilarious film about Banksy and street art and what can happen when a person has a lot of ambition yet not a lot of talent.

So all in all, I was truely happy to be living in Melbourne that Saturday, and to be with the people I was with. But I'm still very much looking forward to leaving.


and yes, I do listen to the music he is talking about, but it's funny because its so true. I'm always willing to have a good laugh at myself hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...