Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anachronism

Oh how I wish I was alive in the sixties. It was about the music back then. It wasnt about selling the most singles, being hottest, the most provocative or having the most perfectly shaped ass, or about the videos or the endorsments or the advertising. It wasn't even really about what you looked like. It was about what you wrote, and what you sounded like.
Music got some people acting on issues they only ever thought about, and most people thinking about the things their parents never told them about. But I think now its been shelved in behind excessive amounts of autotune, latex bodysuits and a borderline grotesque peversion of sexuality that leaves nothing to the imagination. Which I'm ok with because, lets face it, that's what sells in this era, but it makes me sad. It makes me sad because, well, it's not really about the music anymore, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...