Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Cider and Tequila Files

#1

I fell. It was deeper than I thought it could be but I still did it even though my mother reached in and grabbed me by the throat and told me not to. The heart bleeds long into the night and runs rivulets with a pain I cannot name a love I cannot place but can feel within my hips flesh bones and whole skeleton betrothed to the ones who pull my soul down deep into the river Styx there is a blister on my shoulder where your lips once laid to rest and burnt my skin and I wish to get that feeling again. If you do not choose to feel you do not deserve the love served on a silver platter; you must hunt for it, and devour it whole.

#2
My eyes burn because I cannot direct them away from you. It’s not fair, I tell you, it’s not fair. But the universe doesn’t believe a single thought or word of mine. It laughs while it throws me around, it hurts and burns and trips me over; mortality is an evil drug because it makes you impatient. There’s always an obstacle lying in front of my path to happiness; usually it is insecurity, fear, lack of trust, dust and damage, frustration, lack of patience. Now it is time; the hands of the clock reach in and pierce between my ribs and it hurts it hurts it hurts.

Bear it. Take it. Bear it, take it with time. I’ll be fine. Just bear it with time.

Nothing is ever as simple as words on a page.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...