1. "People are just people, they shouldn't make you nervous. The world is everlasting, its coming and its going." From the wise lips and mind of the ever loveable regina spektor, i have learnt this week the power of overcoming fear of people who stand in your way for no other reason than that they enjoy thinking they are bigger than you, and who, unless they are armed in some way, are about as harmful is a handful of candyfloss to the face (unless you're allergic to candyfloss, then we're handling a whole other kettle of fish). I will need this when I'm (hopefully)dealing with publishers (shhh...its a secret). Life is too short to give up on your dreams.
2. "Words aren't very wounding weapons when they're inflicted on me" Kate Miller Heidke is so very clever clever. I use words every day as insulation and ammunition; they are my creative tools, my paints, my inspiration, i own them, so don't think that you can hurt me with my own weapons, unless i love and respect you enough to lay them down.
3. People will always continue to surprise you; don't think you know them 100% inside and out, or your sister will come to you one day and tell you she's moving out to Hampshire to join a convent, and you will think that it was you who did something wrong. That's not the experience I had, but you get my point.
4. Emotions are hardly ever rational, and fairness never comes into the equation when dealing with lovers and jealously. It's dumb dumb dumb, but I understand it. That doesn't mean I owe you anything.
5. Jamie T is not rap, he's so much more than that. He's a modern poet, dressed as a chav, dispensing his own life lessons.